Polycarbonate Lenses and Children’s Frames
Tough, resilient, impact resistant and UV protected, polycarbonate lenses are the best choice for your child’s rimless frames. At the Vision-2-Learn Centre, Dr. Lazarus prefers to use polycarbonate lenses, especially in cases where the extra durability afforded by these lenses will protect his patients from potentially dangerous lens fracturing.
Advantages of Polycarbonate Lenses:
- Thinner design
- 100% UV protection
- Lightweight comfort
- High level impact resistance
- Slimmer design
- Highly resilient material
Polycarbonate lenses are thinner and lighter than regular plastic lenses. They offer 100% protection from harmful UV light and are 10 times more impact-resistant than conventional plastic or glass lenses. These factors make polycarbonate lenses an excellent choice for children’s eyewear, protective eyewear and sunglasses
Polycarbonate Lens Applications
All spectacle wearers looking for tough, thin, impact and UV resistant lenses benefit from polycarbonate lens technology. Polycarbonate lenses are recommended for;
- Rimless eyewear designs as lenses less likely to fracture
- Children as lenses offer highest degree of protection, durability and longevity
- Sports eye wear in conjunction with sport specific frames
- Safety wear, in safety rated frame
- Sunglasses, high degree of UV protection and durability
Although polycarbonate is an extremely impact resistant material, it can be easily scratched if not protected with a surface coating. At Eyecare Plus we highly recommend scratch resistant coating to reduce damage to polycarbonate lenses.
Scratch resistant coating;
- Prevents surface scratches
- Further reinforces lenses
- Comes with 12 month lens guarantee
Polycarbonate lenses are an excellent choice for sportswear, children’s eyewear and safety applications, protecting eyes against the elements for a lifetime of good vision. Should you have any questions please contact us.